Monday 11 October 2010

My best friend's wedding

Lolly and me ...
Yesterday, in spite of the rain, we sailed the Brisbane River celebrating Lorraine and Barrie's wedding. A different Lorraine from the one I travelled to the US with - and not the Lorraine who is my aunt, and not the Lorraine who is Chris's sister. The Lorraine ("Lolly") I've been friends and who has put up with me since I was almost 18. A rather long time ... and after being together for 15+ years together, Barrie and Lorraine made it official with 50 friends and relatives on board the Good Ship Lolly-pop. (Not it's real name, but I should have thought that one through before yesterday).
We all had an absolute hoot on board,  and managed to party on afterwards at the Shaftson Hotel  - before old age and tiredness sent us all home to beddy-byes. And just before anyone thinks it's all about me and Lolly, here's a photo of the groom-to-be offering a protective umbrella ...

Thar'  she blows ...

Happy sailing - on your honeymoon cruise and the rest of your lives.

No comments: