We started with 50 pot bags and two huge jugs of boiling water left to draw and cool while we caught up on all sorts of others things - like State of the Art Quilt 12 and Beneath the Southern Sky - both of which are due in another 5 weeks or so - then it was back to the tea bags.
The recipe and process we used can be found at http://essellesbabble.blogspot.com/2006/04/rust-solution-dyeing-tutorial.html and the results are limited only by the order of dipping, length of time in the solutions and ... it's an endless supply of outcomes.
Nothing better than a heap of fabric drying on the line - in another week they'll be ready for washing. The interfacing came out like sheets of tanned parchment - so there's the foundation for journal pages - which will be made into a book of ... textile art samples. Thank you Ankie - a great day.