Saturday 7 January 2012

Take one old shirt ...

Last night the WMBM gave me one of his old shirts - I am serious here about old - as in pre-Goddess days - open weave, mustard colour - and absolutely perfect for converting into something of use. It was like a chemistry lab in that room 'til quite late .. and here's the end result - a new fabric that has layers of wrapping paper, cards and tissue embedded in what was once the back of that shirt - Beryl Taylor's book is full of so many ideas - and when I play I make quite a few "samples" which are then filed and stored for later use ... I haven't thought too much about how this piece will be stitched but I sense the copper thread coming out of retirement.  I also started making a book - the old fashioned way. Maybe a sneak peek tomorrow ..... I do love working with black velvet. Assignment? What assignment? 

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo