Sunday 15 April 2012

Subway inspiration

I am in love with subway mosaics - as I am sure so many people are- and hadn't realised until today that even within the same station, each number is created differently. Wanted to do some rubbings but it is too busy in the permanent flow of people to access a "quiet" spot ... and I'm not sure if I'd get arrested or not. The Times Square subway is peopled with travellers and mosaics of people travelling ... love them - and the way in which the tiles are shaded to give depth, create shadow and such a sense of movement along the platform. Made my way up to 86th Street after lunch and am heading off to do some urban, above ground rubbings ... while the weather remains perfect and the pavements and tree trunks are willing to give up their marks.




No comments: