Thursday 15 August 2013

Queensland Regional Art Awards - Living Change

The QRAA is an annual visual arts competition and exhibition open to artists in rural and remote  areas of Queensland. This year's QRAA theme is "Living Change" - and viewer's choice voting is currently open. Tim Morrell is this year's curator and selected pieces will form a touring exhibition.  I have a few favourites including Barbara Pierce's "Quarter Acre Block" which still makes me smile. There are some beautiful and also confronting pieces in this year's entries. I'd love to read the artists' statements on some of them! "My Father's Shed" is also included, living change at the core of emptying forty years of my father's presence into skip bins and trailers when my parents moved house in 2012.  To look at this year's entries and cast your vote, head over to QRAA - Living Change.

2 comments:

Linda’s Textiles said...

I looked at the website - loved your piece & can certainly relate to it! Lots of sheds full of stuff in my family.
Thanks for your comment on my auction quilt.

Margaret said...

What an interesting and eclectic collection for this theme...and only 3 textile pieces that I could see. Yours made more "sense" to me than many of the pieces vis a vis the theme. Thanks for sharing!